Maybe I should take a hint?
Google Picasa has several ways for one to add a gallery of images to a website. Some of these pictures are a bit old, but when I add more it will automatically display them.
- The 1933 Congressional Cook Book – these women did not fuck around one bit.
- Take the color challenge, let me know in the comments what your score was. I got an 8, on a crappy uncalibrated, 4-year-old laptop screen.
- News of the world (RIP)
- Try turntable… I like it as a lurker. It. Is. Fun – that is all.
- Tesco’s virtual supermarket in Korea. Scan the QR codes with your phone to shop, and wait at home after work for free delivery. Goddamnit! I can barely get a crap phone with a connection to myspace…
- Take animated .gifs print each frame, cut them out, make them into a zoetrope… you get the physical .GIF Why didn’t I think of this?
- Al Franken, destroys opponents argument that children are better off with opposite-sex parents.
- Fake Apple store in China – Via Antonia
- For my Dad – TED talks and particularly Marcin Jakubowski on Open Source Ecology and the Global Village Construction Set.
- Finally, I just got my very last Borders Rewards e-mail. That’s one way to stop spam I guess.
Thanks for waiting around for more links :)
So, Dash gets this thing in a Happy Meal or, some such.
I’m not entirely sure when I first encountered Pokemon. Probably not long after they were invented. The five oldest kids all had cards and whatever else. I never noticed this guy before. Holy crap! His little butt (eh, thingy) even lights up!
Oh yeah. Hi. It’s been a while.
Will try to get back to posting :)
7 year old Aiyana Jones was shot and killed in Detroit early Sunday morning (5/16/10).
The cops killed her.
The first breaking news reported that it was an accident… It gets much worse from there. Much.
The target was Chauncey Owens, they suspect that he killed Jerean Blake, 17. The Detroit police achieved a no-knock warrant for Owens, who was in the apartment upstairs. The police SWAT team arrived at 12:45am with camera crews from The First 48 to forcibly enter both units of the duplex. The SWAT team tossed a flash grenade through a window, which landed on and burned the young girl, then a dispute of the sequence of events begins:
1). Either the police shot through the front door striking her in the neck, head, and killing Aiyana as she was burning alive from the grenade…. then entered to home to discover what they had done.
2). Or, they entered the home, were confronted by the child’s grandmother, who reached around the riot shield, grabbed the officers weapon, and forced it to discharge several times, striking Aiyana in the head, neck, and killing her as she burned alive from one of the flash grenades.
Geoffrey Fieger now represents the family, the mayor is angry with Fieger and accuses him of just cashing in.
To make matters worse, Jerean Blake’s mother is saying that Aiyana’s father and Owens bragged about killing her son, who may have looked at Owens wrong.
The story has dropped as a headline from local news.
The Reverand Al Sharpton will (likely) give the eulogy.
Imagine if she were white.
This is for all of you out-of-towners that may not have heard, Flint is in chaos at the moment. Since the mayor closed fire stations and laid off firefighters, there have been over 50 fires in the city in the past week.
Mlive is trying to cover it. In their own inept way.
Someone is trying to keep up with them all on Google Maps.
Some fire departments are giving up.
You can keep up with the excitement by listening to live streams from fire and police dispatch.
It’s not national news. No one would be surprised anyway. Flint’s best commodity for export is being the butt of every joke about what is wrong with this country.
People look to flint – to feel better about their stupid towns.
Photo credits to Tarra Sifferman
Links credits to A. Cleveland, K. Whiteaker, K. Baker, and J. Wood